Today’s cost and quality-control pressures put a surgical center’s accreditations and compliance with regulatory and industry standards under a microscope. No provider can afford to fall behind the curve on these issues—they can make or break your success. Expectations are high and escalating, with little or no margin for variance.
At CPC, we have the up-to-date knowledge and resources to ensure that your surgical center’s operations stay current on the most critical accreditations and compliance standards, including:
- Managed care group requirements
Under annual and quarterly contracts, CPC continuously monitors and provides updates on all important regulations that affect your surgical center. Services include annual revisions to your policy and procedures manuals to meet new JCAHO/AAAHC standards.
We also publish for our clients a quarterly newsletter that summarizes important industry issues, such as ambulatory healthcare trends, proposed legislation, and QA/PA (quality assurance/performance improvement) studies.
Accreditation Survey Preparation
With the systematic CPC approach, we can help take the anxiety and uncertainty out of the process of preparing for surveys for accreditations, such as JCAHO, so that your entire team will be thoroughly prepared for the process. The Accreditation Survey Preparation service includes:
- Administrative management of the application process
- Preparation of a “mock survey,” creating an opportunity to identify and correct any shortcomings
- Assessment of clinical and organization functions
- Review and redesign of policies and procedures documents
- Staff and leadership education on accreditation standards
- A detailed written report on findings and recommendations