After years as an employee of a successful orthopedic surgery practice, Laura Ross, DO, was ready to take her career to its next step: opening her own practice. While her experience up to this point had left her impeccably prepared from a clinical and surgical perspective, she knew that she had much to learn about the details of launching a startup business—especially in an industry as complex as healthcare.
Dr. Ross engaged CPC to conduct a comprehensive startup assessment that would identify all areas needed to successfully launch a new practice. Based on this comprehensive analysis, Michael Lahoud, CPC President, developed a startup plan that provided Dr. Ross with a road map to “open her doors,” generate cash flow, and become profitable. The startup plan provided Dr. Ross with guidance on:
- Securing startup financing
- Site selection and fit out construction
- Acquisition of equipment and supplies
- Initial staff requirements, recruitment and hiring
- Selection of and credentialing with payers
- Compliance plans for all applicable regulatory requirements
- Business and marketing plans to generate an initial pool of patients and establish positive cash flow within a practical time frame
The Ross Center for Orthopedics is now a flourishing, widely respected practice serving patients in the Burlington County area.